First Freewill Baptist Church of Greer

Misc. Forums

Forum Home > Prayer Requests > Weight Loss Prayer

pat
Site Owner

Dear Lord,

I come before you once again in desperate need of help. My fight with my weight is over and the weight has won. I have tried all ways and every diet to do this alone, without any success. My next step is to have surgery and I’m not sure I want to defile what your have created with your hands for this reason alone.

My health and movement is beginning to suffer. My ability to witness of your power, I believe, will greatly increase if I can turn this problem over to you. I understand I can’t just give it to you and let you handle it; I have to let it go, with faith, beliving you will. I also understand that faith without works is dead, so I will give it a conscious effort to meet the goals you set for me.

My body is now a temple unto you and by giving up control I believe...

I WILL SUCCEED THROUGH YOU!

--

"Blessed are the cracked for they let the light shine through"

April 17, 2012 at 12:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

pat
Site Owner

If all of my Church family would pray for me while I walk this path I would greatly appriciate it.  All who would like to walk the path with me then pray this prayer and I will pray for you also. 

--

April 17, 2012 at 1:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]

Sis Pat,

How many times have I prayed this prayer?..And finally, it was answered,

A couple years ago, I had what I call some life changing episodes with my health.  From 3 blockages in the artery at the back side of my heart, had blockages in my carotid arteries at 75% but reduced to under 25% with prayer, every heart t est you can imagine, was anemic, dehydrated, weighed over 220 , and it wasn't until I had an allergic reaction to a ct scan on my stomach, and blacked out and stayed in hospital for several days. 

I  decided then that losing 50 lbs would eliminate most of my health problems.  I started my self, eliminating my honey bun for breakfast daily diet, to oatmeal shake for breakfast.  Started walking, then in february last year, i started on the 17 day diet.  I've changed by eating habits, and refuse to gain back the weighgt I lost.  I am conscious of every morsel I put in my body, I exercise daily, and stay on the low/no carb diet, rarely cheating.  For birthday cakes and special times, I eat one corner, about a square inch, and that gives me theicing that I Love.  I usually have a diet coke/pork rinds with me, just in case,.

You can do this.  The Lord knows your heart, and there are all kinds of diets/aids you can get.  Every desire of your heart can be yours with His help.  Please let me know what I can do to help you.  I will be praying for you, and checking on you.  I am always on this new eating plan for a healthier life, it becomes a way of life.   I used to laugh when I would hear a model say I haven't eaten a candy bar in a year,.  Now I ubderstand,  Its the choices we make, the right choices every day.

Love you and good luck.

Sis Ann

--
April 17, 2012 at 5:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

pat
Site Owner

Thank you for sharing your story and for the support.  I know I can do it now as I have given it to God.

--

April 17, 2012 at 5:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Elaine

I know just how you feel I have tried so manny times to lose weight some time I lose 10 or 20 pounds then I gain it and more back. Please pray for me as I take this walk with you, and I will pray for you . Thank you for being here and for all you do.

April 19, 2012 at 9:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

pat
Site Owner

I surely will pray for you too.  Together, with God's help, we W I L L succeed.

--

April 20, 2012 at 1:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.