First Freewill Baptist Church of Greer

Misc. Forums

Forum Home > General Testimonies > Who am I?

pat
Site Owner

I am not just a number you have saved on your phone when you need help. I am not just someone you call on when there is a birthday or holiday. I am a person; I have a life and would be proud to mean more to you than I do. When you need help, I am here; when your child gets another year older, I am here. I am also here when you need to talk or have a problem. This is not who I am though. Take a moment, get to know me when there is no need in your life. You might be surprised at just how much you don’t know about me…

I wrote this and sent it to a friend, whom I trust, to see what she thought of it. Here is her reply...

Very thoughtful… the part, take a moment get to know me when there is no need in your life.. ..how much you don’t know about me… It made me think about God, how often that is how people view Him... I know I did, like a 911 call.. only when there was an emergency.

She is right of course. She took something that was bothering me and made me see it in a new light. I rewrote it...

I am alive and would love to mean more to you than I do. When you need help, I am here; I am also here when you need to talk or have a problem. This is not who I am though. Take a moment; get to know me when there is no need in your life. You might be surprised at just how much you don’t know about me…Jesus

her reply?

Gave me cold chills to read the name..Jesus at the end. Even though I knew what you were writing… powerful thought.

Sometimes, we are the only Jesus that people see. He can be that helper, friend, confidant, through us… we are supposed to Love others as he loves us, but we are human, not perfect like His love and it is not easy to keep giving to others when they give nothing back.

I thanked her for her words and promised myself I would call my family members in Ohio and let them know I love them and so does God.

Please keep me in your prayers that I might continue to grow through the love of Christ.

--

"Blessed are the cracked for they let the light shine through"

April 12, 2012 at 1:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.