First Freewill Baptist Church of Greer

Misc. Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > When I miss church

pat
Site Owner

I missed church on Wed night and I was miserable. It was like I was lost, I knew I was okay but didn't know where I was mentaly.  I prayed for everyone and asked God to help me with what I was dealing with.  I knew when they started praying for us because Cody calmed down and we had some quality time to talk.  He is going through so much right now and his anger issues have increased, greatly, since Christmas. 

My mind was on the service and I really regreted not going when Paul came home and told me about it.  I am sorry to have missed Jammy's preaching as I always get a blessing from it. 

How do you feel when you have to miss church? 

--

"Blessed are the cracked for they let the light shine through"

January 13, 2012 at 6:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

pat
Site Owner

I have noticed the outcome of a service will depend on my mood as I walk through the doors. I look forward to church but sometimes I'm having a hard I try to leave it at the door it follows me inside. Somedays when this feeling is strong I stay home in order to not reflect on others and bring them down. I have prayed about it and have come to this conclusion. Don't stay home and don't try to stop your problems at the door. Bring them inside with you and take them straight to the altar and give them to God. This will release the hold they have over you and will lighten your load so you can worship and receive a blessing.

So next time you are feeling low and discouraged, come to church and turn your troubles over to God.

--

"Blessed are the cracked for they let the light shine through"

January 16, 2012 at 10:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.